Besieged on all sides, Gazans are literally trapped. Confinement and the historic influx of refugees have made Gaza the most crowded place on earth — some say the world’s largest open-air prison.
Look at the dreadful conditions:
• 50% access to minimum human water needs
• 95% of the water is poisoned
• 40% of children are malnourished and anemic
• 30% of needed drugs are unavailable
• 45% of medical consumables are unavailable
• 50,000 people are disabled from birth (toxic exposure, no prenatal care) or bombings
• 13,000 cancer patients are untreated (drugs and equipment unavailable)
• 15,500 Orphans
• 80% live on just $2 a day
• 50% unemployment rate, rising with education level
• 1.5 million depend on relief assistance
• 80% of factories shut down or partially closed from siege
Giving families back their homes begins a chain of good in wealth, physical and psychological health, and child development.
More than 5,500 homeless families in Gaza await your help. Give now to rebuild Gaza, one home at a time.